@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Sue+Ellen+Francisco); We'll look back someday, and I'll look at you and say "and I thought I loved you then": Fire alarm

His & Her = two

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Fire alarm

So I was in the 4 o clock rush. Jeff is to be home any minute, and I needed to get a move on with dinner. I nursed Scarlett, put in a movie for the girls, and I even gave them each a bowl of frozen grapes to snack on. I was good to go, and nothing was going to stop me... ya right. Well I carried on with faith in my heart that dinner prep would go smoothly. Well I don't know about you, but when I cook in the Kitchen, the kitchen gets hott (Jeff calls it smoky) Well we happen to have 2 very sensitive fire alarms. So a "hott" kitchen, and those smoke alarms do not get along. It is not a rare occurence when those things go off. 
So here I was cooking up a storm when....you guessed it. BEEP BEEP BEEP!! Inside I thought "oh shoot I really don't have time for this", so i tried to ignore and kept on cooking. Well before I knew it I felt a little tug Scarlett was pulling on my pants, in her hand she was gifting me a pillow. When these testy alarms go off, I fan them with a pillow. Even my one year old knows how to deal with these pesty things. I chuckled and told her to go find Sydney. Well to my horror, I heard a BEEP BEEP echo BEEP BEEP. Now the first fire alarm was going off in the kitchen, but the second testy alarm is where the TV is. Sure enough I soon had Sydney in the kitchen, getting quite upset that she could not watch the show. At this point I could feel my blood begin to boil, I could not get to the fire alarms because I had raw chicken on my hands. So right there and then I prayed, a simple but sincere prayer. I prayed the beeping would stop. Right after I said Amen they both stopped. Now this never happens on there own. I was shocked, and immediately felt warm and fuzzy. Heavenly Father heard me. My petty cry for help, but he was there!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! ...we are reminded by the simplest things sometimes but even the simplest things can affect us much greater than we expect them to. Love you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete