@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Sue+Ellen+Francisco); We'll look back someday, and I'll look at you and say "and I thought I loved you then": Road Trip to Provo

His & Her = two

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Road Trip to Provo








Well this weekend was a very busy weekend. We got home from California, and unpacked. The next evening we got a phone call from the stake president, and he asked that we come meet with him the next morning. Jeff and I thought about what it could be, and came to the conclusion that Jeff was getting released from being Elders Quorum President. So we discussed if we wanted to go to a family ward or not. The next morning we went to meet with the stake president. He interviewed us like he had when Jeff was called to be Elders Quorum President. In my head, I knew something was coming. The stake president then went on to say, he wanted to extend the calling of second counselor in the bishoprick to Jeff. Jeff and I were both blown away. The look on Jeff's face said everything. I could not believe this was happening. Of course we accepted the call. We then returned home and sat in silence for about two hours!! We really were humbled and honored to have been given such a task. I was defiantly intimidated. I know I look at the wife's of the bishoprick members with such respect. I am not sure I can live up to that role, but I will try. Not to sure who I will sit by, but I know it will work out. I know Jeff will do an amazing job. He is such an amazing Man, and he is my example in every way. I fall more and more in love with him daily, and I really will do my best to be supportive.
The president asked if he could call him the next day! So the following day Jeff was called. After this craziness, I went with Jenny to drop off Jaden at EFY. On our way there we got to stop and see Jill, Dave, and Lex. Of course they made us yummy food. It was a short visit but it is always so fun to see them. We then were on our way. We stayed in a hotel, and the next morning we took Jaden to EFY. We got him all situated, and then went out to lunch. Jenny and I decided we really do not like Provo, and were very excited to leave! We were then on our way back home. It was an eventful weekend. I like to keep busy so it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment